Wednesday, August 3, 2016

'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg Explains Why He Almost Said No To The Show



As “The Big Bang Theory” prepares to head into Season 10 in September, one of its stars has reflected on almost turning down his part in the hit show.



On Monday night, actor Simon Helberg told Stephen Colbert that he nearly said no to the now-famous Howard Wolowitz role because of instinct. 



“I was doing a show called 'Studio 60' that was great,” Helberg said. “Great group of people, but people weren't watching it and I hear that's part of the equation. So I said 'I don't want to play nerds anymore.'”



Little did he know he was in the running for nerdy role of a lifetime. 



“So [I thought] I'll pass on the nerd show. And I just got convinced to go in and I think I made a good choice,” Helberg said. We think so, too. 





Last year, “Big Bang Theory” showrunner Steve Molaro told The Hollywood Reporter that Season 10 might be “the ending point” for the show, adding that a final decision was still up in the air. Colbert also brought up the possibility that the next season might be the show's last, but Helberg gave fans a promising answer.



“We're having a great time doing the show, so I think we'll keep going if people have us,” the actor said as the audience loudly applauded. 









“The Big Bang Theory” returns to CBS on Sept. 19, 2016, at 8 p.m. ET. 



Don't know what to watch on Netflix? Message us on Facebook Messenger for TV and movie recommendations from our editors! 

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment