Monday, September 28, 2015

New Music: Lil Mama – ‘Too Fly’

After serving up the viral video for “Sausage” earlier this year, Lil Mama primes the pump for a new mixtape with her single “Too Fly.” Over the brassy horn and rattling boom-bap percussion of DJ Kool’s “Let Me Clear My Throat,” Mama goes hard in the paint, making what seems like underhanded references to Nicki Minaj biting her style.

“If I was born in Trini and moved to the states, with the rage I make I would have got deported,” she raps. Minaj was born in Trinidad and moved to New York at a young age. “And the stunts you be pulling, like you bloody, bloody mad,” she continues, “Till I smack you with the pad when I’m writing these anthems.”

Stream the song below, and look out for her mixtape Take Me Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment