Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Message To Those Calling Chloë Grace Moretz 'Fat' And 'Masculine'



Either Demi Lovato upped her Twitter-hacking game or someone foolishly decided to Google themselves this fine Tuesday morning. 



Two options, both equally disastrous. 



Champion of non-nude-selfie-taking body positivity, Chloë Grace Moretz shared a series of tweets calling out haters for throwing around words like "fat" and "masculine" on social media. As someone who's grown up in the public eye -- Moretz was racking up IMDB credits before you knew the ABCs -- the actress is acutely aware of how destructive online negativity can be. 



In fact, Moretz opened up about the damage wrought by Hollywood's beauty standards in a recent interview with Elle Magazine, in which she reveals her 16-year-old self once desired major plastic surgery. 



“When I was 16. I wanted a boob job,” she explained. “I wanted the fat pad under my chin to be removed. I wanted a butt reduction, or whatever. And my mom said, 'Absolutely not, you're not allowed to have plastic surgery.' And because of that, I found a lot of power within my insecurities. They're what make me who I am now.”



Read her tweets below: 































































-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment